Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2011 Aquaman color art by Ramon Villalobos

Click To Enlarge


"Did this pretty quick for Project Rooftop's Sea Change Aquaman redesign contest thing. Trying to draw like Frank Quitely is fun but I don't have good enough basic drawing skills to even kind of get away with it. Either way, this is it. I was going to make the gray part scaled but then I thought, no, because it might take longer to color and... I'm just not about that. Plus, scales are so obvious, right? I thought they were. Sharkskin is the new scales. It's also less work."
Totally needs scales. Not going to happen though, based on a 2005 drawing and 2006's Aquaman and Aqualad. Still, dude drew Garth, and that's a crystal clear demonstration of true love, especially outside the context of the founding Teen Titans.

Ramon Villalobos

No comments: