Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dragon*Con 2010 Zatanna Cosplay

Click To Expand & Enlarge


I haven't posted a lot of Zatanna costume play, because you can measure the amount of it in cubic tons. Anime super-heroines come and go, but the appeal of fishnets and a top hat appear to be eternal. Every genre convention has a minimum of two Zee cosplayers assigned to it, and finding one in the Pérez designed blue & white number is tougher than spotting The Atom with the naked eye.

The Irredeemable Shag attended Dragon*Con 2010, and was kind enough to offer his pictures of various cosplay super-heroes to a bunch of us bloggers. Since Motor City Leaguers Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter have devoted blogs that will sooner or later run some of these pics, I figured I'd give Zee a twirl here. There were actually two or three Zees at the con, but why crop her out of a massive group shot when another one will be rounding the corner any minute?

For instance, Shag caught this Zatanna in a hotel lobby, apparently cupping the ass of a Thanagarian Wingman while her former fling the Flash looks peeved at the sexual advance. That better not be Katar Hol, or Shayera is going to be pissed... if not for the flirtation, than for the binging on Ding Dongs®. The Thanagrian metabolism does not handle Hostess Snack Cakes well at all.

To correct my willful oversight of the Crisis on Earth-Zee, be sure to check out Once Upon A Geek's DragonCon 2010 Photos. However, be prepared to flip through the majority of his 600+ pics to find them, because just look at De Zees cluster below, complete with a bad case of Poison Ivy...


Click To Expand & Enlarge


5 comments:

ThatDJSpider said...

Your Perez blue and white, with the man himself :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs319.ash2/59923_439186317272_385542437272_5423365_1903589_n.jpg

Diabolu Frank said...

That's great! I'll have to use that! Thanks!

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Wow! I totally missed that blue Zatanna. Great find! Now to use my total DragonCon nerd sense... that photo is definitely from this year at DragonCon and that's the lobby of the Hyatt (one of the five host hotels of the Con). My only excuse for missing this costume is that I wasn't in the Hyatt much. I'll try harder next year.

Also worth mentioning, at the Con I saw Zatanna monthly writer Paul Dini and his real-life Zatanna-muse Misty Lee. Fun!

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com
http://firestormfan.com

Diabolu Frank said...

That was from this year's con? In that case, I can run it with the "altered heroes" wave of pictures later/next week. Say DJSpider-- do you have any credits for that picture? I like to pay forward/backward on stuff like this...

ThatDJSpider said...

That was taken my George's wife, and is from his Fan Page on Facebook. I was so jittery about it, I totally forgot I had a camera, too!