Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver talk ‘Vibe: Rebirth’



I'd missed out on this massive Vibratory happening for weeks, until Kelson at Speed Force hipped me to a series of message board posts made by Ethan Van Sciver that he'd collected on the subject of Paco Ramone's Resurrection. Then Shag at Once Upon A Geek directed me to the full Newsarama interview...

DC Comics announced on Tuesday that a mini-series early next year called Vibe: Rebirth will re-introduce the once-dead character Paco Ramone, bringing Vibe back for good into the fictional world he left more than 20 years ago.


Dixon at Crimson Lightning has also scored a thumbnail image of the first issue's cover.

Who... wants... this? I run a Detroit-era blog, and I do not want this. Vibe co-creator Chuck Patton commented on this very blog "And for the record---Ive always HATED Vibe and wished I had spoke up then and refused to design that idiot! LOL But I was young and.....well that's a story for another time....." So basically, the only guaranteed sale is to Scipio at the Absorbascon, and perhaps the apologist Michael Bailey at Fortress of Bailytude. What are they thinking? At least I'm getting a new Bloodwynd Mini-Series out of DC's temporary madness...

1 comment:

Doug said...

If only this were true!